Monday, April 16, 2012

Blog # 5


"Historical and Personal Illusion"

A illusion is something that we tend to visualize, however it is surreal.  It is some that is not actually there, but we believe it and imagine it. Plato cave is an example for illusion. The people in the cave show the shadow and imagine it was reality. When I was younger, I had also an illusion that went away when I grew up.
            As a child I used to misbehave. My mom would frighten me and say that whenever I misbehave a monster will come in my rom at night. Often my moms method had worked. The days I misbehaved I heard voices in room and would say to myself it is because I misbehaved.
            As I grew up I began to realize that the voices I heard wee imagined in my head. There was a tree next to the wall of my room and when it got trimmed the voices I heard went away. I then realized I made up the voices in my head and it was only the tree branches hitting my window. There was no such thing as a monster, and there was no monster that came when I misbehaved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment